Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Not as bad as I thought. (Swatch time pt. 2)

Aaand we're back.
Here's part two of the swatches, the one where I actually swatch and review things! What a shock!

I'm going to test out all of them, I hope my skin isn't too pale and they actually show up.


First patch is going to be the cushion and concealer.
The left side has the Tonymoly egg primer, and the right side is bare.



First in normal indoor lighting. It looks almost too dark, but it went on smoothly and felt nice. 



Here it is outside in the bright 1pm sun. It looks much better with natural lighting, as does everything else in this world.

One issue I do have with them is the smell. The cushion has a light floral smell that I thought would fade away but it still smells strongly, even after 20 minutes have passed. The concealer also has a smell, but it's odd. Not fishy, not chemicals, but an odd mix of the two with a dash of something earthy. I really can't tell you what exactly it reminds me of, but I've smelled this before somewhere in my life.
The cushion dried really quickly, and I found that the side with the primer is just a liiiiittle bit more matte than without. The concealer stayed slightly sticky, but even if I rub at it the coverage doesn't really fade. All in all I think they're both lovely products with nice textures and formulation. However I have a feeling the cushion would give me better results if it wasn't as dry as it is. 
Either way, A+ you two.



Next up is the highlighter and eye primer. Again, left side is with primer and the right is without.

The highlighter has been shown as gold shimmer in other reviews, but it really looks tan in the package. Good news, is that it does show up as a white-gold on my skin! It is a very, and I stress very, light highlight. I'm sure if you layered it up you could get a strong glow but this was just one swipe down my wrist.
The eye primer is amazing, I really am in love with it. Now the real test would be to wear it for a few hours and see how it stands up to my oily lids, but since this is just a swatch I won't be doing that. I've tested it on a few normal colors, a pink shimmer, a white shimmer, a matte brown, and a matte black. 

Here it is in indoor lighting.



And here it is in outdoor lighting.




I think it works very very well, as you can see. It doesn't allow a lot of fallout which is a common problem I have with shadows. The darker colors show up very pigmented and the light shades have more shine to them than without primer. I'm glad that neither of these products have a scent, I think if they did it would be too much when added to the concealer and cushion.


And that's all for today! Let me know what you guys think of these past few posts and don't be afraid to give pointers on what I can do better.

See ya~


No comments:

Post a Comment