Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Um...? (Swatch time pt. 1)

Hi everyone!
As mentioned yesterday I'm going to do a little swatch post and test out the makeup items I got yesterday from Roseroseshop.




Here is the primer I picked up, Tonymoly's Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm.
Cute package, let's open it up.



There's a little protective seal that you just tug off and it reveals the product under it.



Hm...this seems a little off, other photos I've seen showed the product filling up the jar, not shrunken inside of it. It smells like a lemon square though, so that's nice at least. I'm not sure what's wrong, perhaps it's a little old... (I did check manufacture date and it was made in 2015 so maybe it just got manhandled)



Moving on to the Etude House Precious Mineral Cushion!
I'm super excited for this, I've always wanted to try one.




Just like other cusions you flip open the top, and under the puff holder is the makeup. 
Again, there's a protective steal you peel away and boom, product!




Hm...it seems like the center is really dried out, it's all collected on the outer rim of the cushion. My camera didn't pick it up very well, but the center of the sponge isn't wet with product at all. But let me try the finger test. You just push your finger into the cushion and a ton of product seeps out!



Or not?  I didn't jam my finger in until it touched bottom but I did press into the cushion and not just the surface. This seems old as well...I'm disappointed in this. I paid a lot for it and I'll have to buy a refill the same day I opened it? What a waste. (Same here, the manufacture was in 2015, so I really don't know why it's so dried out in the center)

Please don't be old too, Salmon concealer, I'll cry if you are.
I did have a protective seal around the jar but I had to remove it to take a photo.


Okay, it seems really nice so far. I have low expectations for this since the other two were dried out, but this doesn't look old. 


The next products are pretty safe, since they're both a powder.
Here is another Skinfood item, their Peach Sake Pore Powder.


It's a normal compact from what I can tell, powder with a puff and a mirror.
Seems simple, I can't see how they could mess this one up, unless the powder was broken. Please don't be broken...



Yay, it's perfect! There's a tiny little peach in the center, in case you couldn't smell it and had no clue what this was.


Next is my highlighter, in an adorable little package. The wings sadly are part of the plastic case around it, and not the actual compact.


This lil guy comes with a giant fluffy puff to apply the highlight with, rather than a flat, thin puff.


Now for the moment of truth, please don't be broken!


And it's good! Though it seems a little darker than I'd seen online, but I can work with this.
The face on the outside of the package is the same as the one in the powder which is adorable~



Last product is eye primer. This one I am worried about, since there's not really a way for me to tell if it's old or not. There's no expiration on the box so it's a guessing game. Proof 10 Eye Primer please let this end on a good note.


It comes with a little doe foot applicator as most primers do, I know a lot of people dislike this type, but for me I have no preference so I think it's okay. It's a tan color in the bottle but is only a very light sand color on the applicator itself.



Oh boy, this is the end of this post and since it's getting long I'll start a new one for the swatches themselves. I hope they'll end up well, and if not... well at least I tried.


See ya~



No comments:

Post a Comment