Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Roseroseshop haul!

Hi everyone!
I mentioned in my TesterKorea haul post that I'd do another haul from a different sample website, Roseroseshop, and it arrived this morning. It's going to be the opposite, mostly makeup and only two skincare items this time. 

Looking at the two sites it's obvious they both offer similar things, skincare and makeup samples as well as the full sized products, and full sized products in bulk. One difference I did notice was what each site carried. TK has more skincare items than makeup, and RRS has more makeup than skincare. I like both of these websites very much, but you should compare what each has to offer before placing an order. If one doesn't have what you want, the other most likely will. 


I've never been one to play with makeup. I was always that kid who sat in a tree and played soccer in the street, rather than the kid who braided their hair and tried their mom's makeup. I did love to dress up but I was too lazy to do anything to my face. Most of the items that I have are cheap things from E.L.F. and dollar products from Sally's. There's no shame in having more affordable products but I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to test out higher end stuff and so here we are!


I'm going to start with the two lonely skincare items first. I found a good deal on these 3W Clinic Fresh Mask Sheets so I snagged them up in the snail version. $1.67 for 10 masks?! That's a suspiciously good deal, but I see nothing wrong with them looking at the packaging so maybe they're just getting rid of their stock that never sold.



The second item I tossed into my cart was another sample set of Skinfood toner, I'm really enjoying their products so far and I want to try more of them before I settle on getting a full sized bottle of something. Their tomato line seems interesting so I picked up some Premium Tomato Whitening Toner for a trial run. Damn you off center photo.




Now to the makeup~

Everything was wrapped in bubble wrap except the samples and the masks.



I'm going to start from first step going up, and what's the first step? Primer!
I've heard really great things about Tonymoly's Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm (jeez that's a long name) and TM has really cute packaging...so why not give it a shot. It came in a little egg nested inside of a box, safe and sound. I have heard some complaints about the packaging not being the same as before but since this is my first time using it, I can't confirm or deny them.



Next is foundation, which I 100% struggle with. 
I can find the perfect shade with flawless coverage and a beautiful finish...but then it turns orange in 0.2 seconds. I have no idea why, I really don't. I did get samples a shade darker than this in my last haul, and it turned a bit too dark for my tastes. I think the best solution would be to get a shade lighter so I did. It's a good excuse to try the Precious Mineral Moist Any Cushion from Etude House, right? I think any time is a good time to try cute things but that's another point for another post. I picked up the shade "light beige" in the hopes it'll work. Fingers crossed!



Concealer is a must for me, so time to shine lil buddy!
I thought I'd try Skinfood's Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in shade No. 1. I've also heard really good things about this and I have high hopes for this baby. My undereye area gets super dry and when you add concealer to the mix it's just a creased gross mess that really doesn't conceal much of anything. In fact it gets worse.  Much much worse. Fish makeup, don't fail me now.



I've heard a lot of "yes" and a lot of "no" when it comes to setting cushions, but for the sake of science I snagged some powder.
I got one that seems to be from the most loved line, in fact, the Peach Sake Pore Pact. Again in my makeup struggles (the constant struggles) powder doesn't really help, it just takes a nosedive into poretown and it kills me. I know it's not really a full face setting powder but a light dusting can't hurt. I don't get oily very often, only after 5 or 6 hours of wearing makeup, and only on my forehead. So I hope this can cut back on my reflective face without making me look too powdery. 



To finish off the face, it's time to get my shine on.
I really like highlighting, I think it can look good on anyone of any age in any style. Cute packaging, cute name, pretty highlight and cheap? Oh boy, I'm in love. Thank you Baby Face Petit Highlighter  for dropping into my cart accidentally.



For my last makeup item, something I desperately needed...eye primer.
My deep dark secret...I have oily lids. In fact they're so oily I could probably keep a fire roaring for a few hours with the amount of blotting sheets I burn through. Again, this is another product I heard good things about so I hope this can put an end to the one-man oil production company I've got forming on my eyes. Etude House, don't you trick me you pink princess devil. Proof 10 Eye Primer you might be cheap but you better gimmie some good results. 




Just like TK, I got free samples! 
They sent me a set of bottles from Zymogen, both from the Houttuynia Cordata Ferment line.
I got a Serum and a Lotion that are both 20ml, and I'm a liiiiittle intimidated by the name.



Next are the packet samples that I'm more used to.



They sent me 5 packets, I'll link the full product rather than the samples. In order from left to right:


And that's the end! I'll post some swatches of the products I bought tomorrow for anyone curious about how they look and how they apply. 


See ya~





No comments:

Post a Comment