Saturday, March 21, 2015

TNVL: L4D2

Hi guys!
It's taking a while to get that new review up (sigh) so again, have a new post!

I wanted to start a new thing on my blog called "That's Not Very Lolita (of you)" in which I make posts about things that aren't really related to lolita fashion but it's something that I enjoy or something that's close to my heart.


So today it's gonna be about L4D2!
I've got not a lot of hours on it...kinda..

It's by far my favorite game. I'm a PC gamer because well...I don't have a TV in my room since I have nowhere to really plug it in, and it's kinda hard to spend a few hours playing games on the shared TV :(

I do have a Dreamcast and GameCube and PS2 as well as a bunch of Game Boys, (Holla for the 1989 version!) but I love the ability to customize games on the PC and add mods and other fun stuff.

I've actually just deleted 90% of the mods I have on my game so I can start fresh and play the main story all over again. I'm debating on wiping my game completely but then I'd lose all my achievements, but I could always do them again... Let me know if you think it's worth it!

Anyway! Here's the mods I won't remove because I think they make the game funny/better looking.


Starting off at the top!
Sexy Legs Coach. It's pretty much the title. Sexy. Legs. Coach. Ohh yes.


This just adds the perfect amount of sexy to your game. You'll be so distracted by the neon pink platform heels prancing around the map you won't even notice the zombies trying to rip your face off! It doesn't change anything about Coach's personality, just changes his wardrobe. Believe me, he needed it. 


Next are two I suggest you download together for the best effect.

Paintball Mode turns all blood and gore into light sensitive neon colors. There's a wide range of shades and I think it's just something to appreciate when you're swinging a bat Mafia style into the crowd of frantic zombies trying to take a bite out of Coach's sweet candy colored thong.


Omgot's Surprise Boomer is the perfect companion to Paintball Mode because it's a little party every time you kill one of them. Their bloated stomachs are stuffed full of colorful confetti and powder, so when you pop one it goes everywhere, surprise! Top it off with a playful party horn and you're having a blast! It reskins the Boomers and Boomettes with a cute little party shirt and turns bile and bile bombs into a swirl of purples and blues the whole family can enjoy!


The next two are sound mods that I just think are adorable.

Pinkie Pie Jockey and Explosion: FINLAND! are too good to pass up. There's something both creepy and hilarious about having a giggle erupt in your left ear as you're being ridden away from your team while the AI stand and watch it happen. You want to stop being kidnapped by a deranged mutant but at the same time you're content to listen to Pinkie chatter away as you're dying. 


Explosion: FINLAND! is Patrick from Spongebob and there's something inside of me that dies from laughing when on certain maps, you can faintly hear "Finland..." in the distance from assorted background explosions that are meant to add to the dramatics of the level you're playing.  If you love ruining intense moments and important emotional aspects of campaigns, this is the mod for you, my friend!


It's just something I like to look at, mostly just because I love candy like it's my child. I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say that candy = life. It's got an assortment of typical childhood candies such as Mike and Ike, Dots, Skittles, Toffifee, Smarties, Cadbury Milk bars and of course, bullets. Just what every growing child needs in the apocalypse, a sugar high and guns! 


As I said before, I used to have many more fun mods but have since deleted them. I've got a normal flashlight mod that makes it a big brighter and since that's just a technical thing, I found it kinda silly to add here. 

What are your favorite mods, or favorite ways to play? PC, or console?

Anyway guys, I'll try to have the review post coming up soon, hopefully in a day or two. Sorry for it being so late.
See ya later~




No comments:

Post a Comment