Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kitty Carousel/Dramatic Rose Review~

Hello, everyone!
It's been a few years since I've done any blogging so please be patient if I'm a bit slow on the upkeep.

I recently purchased Angelic Pretty's Dramatic Rose JSK and it's finally arrived~

I figured I would do a quick review on both the seller and dress, so here we go!








Seller: I bought it online from Kitty Carousel after seeing a sales post and I just couldn't help myself, it was such an impulse buy that afterwards I was surprised at how quickly I bought it...
Anyway! She shipped it Monday and when I got home from work, I was very surprised (but very happy) to see it'd been delivered so fast. She shipped it with Priority 2-day mail with USPS, and she included her business card inside the box.
It was packaged very securely with no damage to the dress, so that's pretty great since our post office tends to be very rough. as evident by a few dings in the box. The dress and head accessory were packed separately in individual bags and aside from minor bow-squishage it was safe.




10/10



Print: I absolutely love the print details, they’re very delicate and the pink stands out beautifully against the mint and makes an amazing match, somewhere between quietly saying "I'm an elegant princess" and yelling "look at how amazing I am!" There isn't any bleeding of colors, errors in printing, and the lines are crisp and clean as you would expect from an Angelic Pretty dress. I wish there were a bit more to the flowers though, but that's just my personal opinion and other than that it's stunning.



9/10




Detailing: I cannot rave enough about all the small details on this dress, and how fantastic the quality is! Everything from the multiple types of lace trimming to the eyelets for the ribbons is gorgeous. My favorite thing is a battle between the pearlescent rose buttons and the beautiful bows on the front with their tiny little pearl accents. I love the way this dress was designed and I wouldn't change anything about it. I think I count at least 4 different types of lace on this JSK. Everything is stitched very tightly and I have no fears of being a bit rough with this dress because of the quality and care put into it.








10/10


Accessories: I wish I could have gotten socks as well, but I don't care much for OTKs and they would have gone to waste, but I'd still love to see the quality on them so I could review that as well! But, the listing included only the dress and head piece. The piece itself is very lovely and is well constructed, and the only issue I found with it is the fabric that the roses are made of. If you've dealt with this type of fabric before you know that it snags and shreds if you aren't very cautious with it, so be careful! Mine has started to show signs of a bit of fraying on the edges, but it doesn't show much unless you're looking for a fault like I was. The back has the Angelic Pretty label sewn onto the middle.






8/10


Dress and final thoughts:
Here we are, the end of the review! The dress is lined, has partial shirring, corset lacing , detachable waist ties and a side zipper for easy dressing. The fabric is soft and sturdy, it doesn't feel as if it would snag or tear from catching on rings or bracelets which is always a good thing. As always, Angelic Pretty's tag is sewn inside. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to purchase a blouse to wear with this JSK because it arrived so quickly so I'll have to post another review once I purchase the rest of my coord! All in all, the dress is the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my hands on and I'm extremely happy I bought it from such a reliable seller and would most definitely buy from Kitty Carousel again~








10/10


If any of the pictures are upside down or sideways, I'm sorry, blogger refuses to post them correctly...


No comments:

Post a Comment