Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Luna in the Sea - R-Series

Hi everyone! 
I have a quick little mini review of this cute little dress from R-series, so let's get started~




Seller: I picked this cutie up from R-series, not their taobao shop but this one instead. I couldn't find the dress on their taobao so I settled for this way, a bit high of shipping cost ($45! Yikes) but the shipping was ridiculously fast. I paid on the 18th of February and they shipped it 10 days later on the 28th. I ended up getting it yesterday, March 1st but didn't notice until early this morning. If you want super quick service, I'd definitely recommend paying for it. There were no communication issues because there was no communication haha. It was a simple checkout with PayPal and they shipped in 10 days just as they said they would. 
I nabbed the dress and tights since they were just too cute to resist, and everything was packaged safely. A little tightly packed but that was fine since nothing had the space to flop around and risk tearing. They sent me a little shopping bag as well and I thought it was adorable. A little scuffed but nothing a wet wipe can't fix.






10/10


Print: I know some might think this is gaudy, or ita, or too weird...but I love it. It's got moons, and stars and jellyfish, oh my! I personally love astronomy so this just takes my breath away, it reminds me of an artist's rendering of a far off galaxy and that's right up my street. And who does't love a good jellyfish? I mean, really. The colors are vibrant and the print is crisp and clean, I don't see any bleeding or smudging in the print so that is an A+ in my book. This dress is just stunning.




10/10

Detailing: There's not much to this dress. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just a very simple JSK. The straps can be adjusted with black buttons on the inside, they match with the lining and are hard to see. The bows that hold the pearl chain can be removed easily, and it comes with a detachable bow on the front. The waist ties can also be easily removed with similar black buttons on the back. There's a very small strip of lace at the bottom edge and the same lace on the straps at the top. You get a ruffle of fabric over the bust that the pearl chain sits on top of, but the material feels out of place with the rest of the dress. That's really all there is to it! I wish the buttons were a little more...fancy? I guess is the right word. A little more elgant, perhaps little moon shapes or jellyfish would have been cute.







8/10


Accessories: This dress line included the JSK, an OP, a blouse, bloero, and tights. I felt unsure about the OP (and also unsure of the JSK since it's high waisted, and high waists look frumpy sometimes) since it has the flowing bell shape that not many people can pull off. The bolero was adorable, a sailor collar on a see through crop top, but I couldn't bring myself to purhase it since I planned to wear the JSK and not the OP. The blouse I also did not purchase because I already have one in the mail (a taobao haul that I swear I'll post this time) and didn't feel the need to get a second. I did however get the tights. I'm not sure why since I have big calves and lolita socks/tights never seem to fit right. I'm also terrified of tearing them so they will stay in the package for me to admire from afar. Damn you, unrelenting fear of ruining clothing. -shakes fist-
Since I didn't buy the other items, here are the stock photos for them! They are very beautiful and I suggest you guys buy them. I am upset that they didn't release the headbow and wrist cuffs though. Why must you leave me with an incomplete coord, R-Series. Damn you as well.












7/10

Dress and final thoughts: I love the dress. I loved it the instant I set my eyes on it. I sat on it for a day or two before buying it in a rush because I just had to have it. One thing that might pose a problem for other ladies. this dress does not have a zipper. You must pull it over your head and down around your body. For my tall lolitas out there here is another warning. This dress is very, very short. I am 5'4" and it hits almost mid thigh on me with no petti. Other than this, I don't see any other problems with it. It is fully shirred in the back so it has a lot of give to it.
It's a very lightweight dress, unlike my AP jsk that I have also done a review on, so I think it would be cute for the summer or fall. Maybe not spring since this is so dark but lucky for all you spring folk out there, they have a lighter colorway for all the items. I went with the navy because the print showed much better in my opinion. All in all I think this was great! I give R-Series a 9/10.





See ya next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment