Tuesday, February 16, 2016

TNVL: Online money making - Swagbucks

Hi everyone!
It's that time again, another episode of "That's Not Very Lolita (of you)"~
Yikes, I though I'd have something good to say today but I do not. If you're interested in money making, you'd be wise to avoid this website for a while.



I love Swagbucks. I always have and I thought I always would. I've earned a pretty hefty sum of money from them. The main reason I used SB was because of the Paypal cards. Seriously, those are amazing. As you can see, I've used SB off and on since 2013. Usually when I hit a rough spot and could use some extra cash.


But, unfortunately... SB has gone to shit.
In the past two months I've seen the servers go down more than I have in the past three years combined. When they do come back up, after you've been unable to get any points, the site continues to glitch out and not credit points

The mobile apps used to credit many a point back in the day. All you had to do was watch movie trailers, watch commercials, and watch ads. It was great! When I arrived, it was above 50. Then it went down to 50. Then it went down to 36. And now today, February 16, they have knocked even more points off and left it to settle at a weak 10. The same with their servers, the app constantly has issues. There are times when an ad plays and it will completely freeze my phone. I can't even shut it down, I have to take my battery out in order to free my device from the devil's grip this app had.

They have 6 apps you can use: SBTV Mobile, EntertainNow, MovieCli.ps, Lifestylz.tv, Sportly.tv and Indymusic.tv. They say in a short blog post why they've taken it down to 10, somehow saying that it's fair. It didn't used to be 10 for all of the apps, again it used to be much higher. I don't know about you but being paid a whole whopping 10 pennies for watching 60 videos, at 2-4 minutes each, sounds like so much fun! Right? Totally worth it, guys.

They do offer videos for desktop as well, maybe those will work! Oh, oops. I guess not.
You will constantly get errors like this that prevent you from finishing the playlist and therefore preventing you from getting points.


If only there was some sort of support staff, perhaps they might be able to fix it!

If you thought you could ask their help center for assistance in any problems, you should probably think again. You might as well scream at a brick wall because that's essentially the same thing. I have seen very few people actually get help from the help center recently, when before they could talk through a problem with you within a few days.

I have seen a few people bring up that they are suddenly missing points from their account. I have not noticed this myself but then again I don't pay much attention to the number left at the end of the day.

Goals have gotten higher and higher, with less and less points and offers crediting. Do you see a problem here? I do.

To wrap this up, I was going to post a cute review about how amazing this website is, but I've been putting it off in the hopes it'll get better. It has not. In fact, it has gotten so much worse that as soon as I hit the 2,500 points needed for a Paypal gift card I'm going to leave.

There are many other websites out there that work properly, credit quicker, have staff that are willing to help you fix an issue, and don't have problems crashing multiple times a week.

If you want to even think about trying swagbucks, you can. As far as I know if you sign up you can get enough points to buy a $5 amazon card within a day or so. Here's my referral link which I know used to give points.


Sorry to have made such a negative post, but as someone who has been using SB for years, trust me when I say that it is no longer worth it. By no means is SB a scam, it just went to the trash pile.

My next post should be a lot better.

See ya~






No comments:

Post a Comment